With Now 2.0, we introduced the most powerful and scalable platform for static websites and serverless functions powered by any language or framework
This came at the expense of writing
now.jsonfiles. Today, we are introducing Zero Config, a conventional and completely backwards-compatible approach to deployment.
To start, create a new project using a frontend stack of your choice. For this example, we'll create a vanilla Next.js project:
npm create next-app
That's it. It works for any framework or tool you can think of.
Upon deployment, we optimize your frontend seamlessly and deploy it to our built-in Smart CDN. Fast to develop, build, and serve.
Now, how about adding the power of serverless functions to our site?
gatsby new gatsby-site
This can already be deployed, zero config. To add functions, create an
Your function will now be accessible at
Now 2.0 is fast, efficient, scalable, and now even easier to use.
- If you are using Now 1.0 or a third-party provider, check out our migration guide.
- If you are using Now 2.0, your projects will continue to work as they are. If you want to go zero-config, check out this guide.
- If you are using Next.js 9 or newer, our integration already supports API routes, so there's absolutely nothing new to learn. Just deploy it, no config needed.
- Our development toolchain
now devjust works, zero-config.
- Our integrations for GitHub and GitLab no longer require a
now.jsoneither. We've added a simple flow to import your projects from the web UI to complement it.